This blog is for all of you that want to hear about things that they don't print in the news papers. That is sad but true, I never wrote anything to anybody but here I am hope you will get some fun and even some bright moments out of this total amateur blogtog.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Why feed a dog?


I just got a real big guard dog for my house in the subdivision since I heard that there had been many of my neighbors that had been robbed lately. I did not want a local dog since them often ends up on a plate down here as a good meal believe it or not.

I decided to buy a Doberman killer machine. When I got it a Sunday morning it was a party ay my home everybody loved the dog. It fast became the favorite pet in the house. I grow very close to my dog and treated him like a king. Night time he was guarding our house and he did a real good job, nobody could come near the house without him barking and telling us all that somebody was to close.

After three years living with us it was time for me to go back to my home country for a short visit of 14 days. I was a little nervous to leave my dog with the maid but was thinking that with a right communication she would be able to handle the dog.

I had a meeting with her the day before I left and gave her a written instruction how to take care of my dog. In the letter it said,

Feed the dog twice a day
Go out for a walk with him daily for at least 1 hour
See that he always will have fresh water
On Sundays take a longer walk with him
Treat him like a person

I thought this was clear and easy to understand.

I left for Sweden and I called twice to here that all was ok and she always answered me no problem Sir your dog is ok.

When I arrived back and was riding a taxi from the airport I couldn’t wait to see my dog. The taxi drove up to our house and I was running in to meet my favorite pet of all times. To my horror I saw that he was just lying down and did not even move, at a closer look I saw that he was looking like he came from a prison camp. He WAS skin and bones. He had rashes all over his body and was in real bad shape. I rushed back to the taxi and asked him to drive us to a veterinarian ASAP, at the veterinarian the saw directly that he had allergies and was malnourished. They put him on dextrose and it took a couple of days and hundreds of dollars to get him back in shape again.

I had a long talk to the maid and asked her straight out WHAT THE HECK happened, did you feed him? Yes Sir, did you follow my note? Yes sir. Then I changed my strategy and asked, what did you feed him? She answered sardines Sir. I got so upset and shouted DOGS eat meat CATS eat fish….do you understand. She looked at me with her big brown eyes and said Yes Sir. I was not satisfied so I said again do you understand, and got the same answer.

Three weeks later I had invited 20 of my closest friends over for a grill party at my house and since I have been in the food business and working as a food and beverages manager in Sweden I had planned ahead and had bought 5 kilos of the finest meat that I could find down here. I had made mashed potatoes salad and filled up the cooler with beverages and was now ready to get the meat out of the freezer so I could start to barbecue it since the guest would arrive in an hour. When I opened the freezer the meat was gone, I panicked and called the maid. I asked her have you seen the meat I bought. She looked at me scared and said DOGS eat meat CATS eat fish Sir.

Until today I can still see my dog licking his mouth.

1 comment:

Debojit Chowdhury said...

Your blog is interesting and nice! Keep it up!

Will you please help me to spread the message for Free Life Coaching (only if you approve it)? I want to help people by supporting and guiding them to learn the strategies and tools of life coaching. Life coaching is an amazing field it can radically transform your life. It is completely Free. http://coachingmantra.blogspot.com