This blog is for all of you that want to hear about things that they don't print in the news papers. That is sad but true, I never wrote anything to anybody but here I am hope you will get some fun and even some bright moments out of this total amateur blogtog.

Sunday, December 3, 2006

The Ladder,Aircon and Ref.....


Here is some communication stories from my friend Buddy keep up sending me your stories.

One of my favorite stories in Haiti was when I had a worker building a block wall. When he got to the 9th or 10th block in height, I told him to dig holes in the ground to secure the ladder so he would not fall when building the wall. Six hours later I came back and to my utter amazement, there was a ten foot hole in the ground.........with a ladder in it. I immediately proceeded to the bar!

Or my other all time favorite....The front desk woke me up at 3 AM to tell me that someone broke into their room and stole their air conditioner! Incredulous, I gathered my wits and went to meet the irate guest who was angry beyond belief as his terrified wife thought they might be killed in their hotel room.

Suspecting neither foul play or malice, I inquired with the night engineeer if anyone had gone into room 212 and remomved an airconditioner. "Oui Boss" was the reply!

And why the hell did you enter a guests room in the middle of the night and do that I screamed?

The reply....because the guest in room 155 complained HIS airconditioner wasn't working!

My other favorite was when I instructed the maintenance staff to remove a huge steel regrigerator from the Kitchen for repair - I told them 5 times not to take it out the dining room but through the back kitchen entrance. Sure enough - 4 hours later..there was the 400 pound refrigerator............on the bottom of the pool!

No comments: