This blog is for all of you that want to hear about things that they don't print in the news papers. That is sad but true, I never wrote anything to anybody but here I am hope you will get some fun and even some bright moments out of this total amateur blogtog.

Sunday, December 3, 2006

My New Car


I had just bought a brand new Nissan Patrol and was a very happy Viking since it had air con that really helped me survive all the long hours in the traffic in Manila. The traffic here is actually more like parking since the cars stand still more than they move but that’s another story.

One day when I was driving (parking) my stereo just went stone dead.

Now I had to sit for hours listening to other car engines instead of sweet music.

I get hotheaded and angry at everything because of this, so I decided to bring the car to the place where I bought it so they could fix it for me.

To my surprise they just told me that it was not covered by the warranty. This really blows my top. I did not even want to stay and argue with them I just left.

On the way back to the office I stopped and bought a new car stereo. When I came back to the office I called my maintenance guy and told him to install it for me, he answered “no problem Sir” why is it when I hear those words I start to get nervous? Anyway I went up to my office and did my work and when it was 5PM I went down to my car and to my surprise the stereo was working perfect.

I was driving for a month and it was heaven to have my own music in the car. When things are too good to be true it is often the beginning of a disaster.

The disaster started when I drown in to a gasoline station to fill up the tank. When the serviceman filled up the tank I decided to check the water myself. I open the hood of the car and to my horror I saw a big nail in my battery, what the heck is this? The big rusty nail had an electric cable going from it towards the windshield; I followed it and saw that it was going to the car stereo. Now I was really mad since this was the most unprofessional job I ever seen.

I drove back to the office and called my maintenance guy. I tried to be cool and said Edgar what is this nail doing in my battery? He look at me and said let me explain Sir. He then pointed to the battery and said “Sir the car stereo is 6 volt and the battery is 12 volt, I said YES, then he counted the pools on the battery, 2-4-6 and on the 6th I nailed it so you would have no problems.

I was quite for awhile since I needed oxygen to cool myself down. Then I said to Edgar the stereo is working fine, but the battery is damage and leaking acid. Edgar looked at me and said “no problem Sir I have a spare battery in the garage for you”

I am still recovering and learning the lessons of life

1 comment:

Debojit Chowdhury said...

Hi,

Thanks very much for visiting my blog - http://coachingmantra.blogspot.com and also including a link from yours.

I have included you in my friends network.

God Bless
Debojit